Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Five People You Meet In Heaven (1)

I'm reading the Five People You Meet in Heaven right now.

I guess it's an interesting juxtaposition that I'm reading this book alongside reading Richard Dawkin's "Greatest Show on Earth". Yes, the "Greatest Show on Earth" is not like the God Delusion in that he's not slamming religion. He's fighting creationism and intelligent design.

Anyways, back to the Five People You Meet in Heaven. It's an interesting story. It's a very quick book as I'm 60 pages into it right now. I seems interesting so far. The depiction of heaven is about what I expect. I don't think the author realizes that though. Heaven isn't ever depicted as clouds in the sky with an old man and harps. Heaven (similar to aliens) are usually depicted with some fuzziness and inner meaning. A lot of that stuff.

It case anyone is wondering. The Five People You Meet in Heaven is about an elderly gentleman's death. It's not surprise, I assure you. He meets the five most important people in life. I'm on the third person, thus far. The stories are interesting. You get a good feel of the character and their stories. I'm enjoying it so far. You feel for the main character. You relate to them and his purpose in attempting to find whether his death was in vain.

I say, it's a good read, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment